So you are now a proud owner of a powered chainsaw? While purchasing a chainsaw one must ensure proper research is done beforehand. There are many options in chainsaws; you must go through all the choices. Check out all the Best Chainsaw For The Money 2017 – Sawinery and choose the one that is best for you.
While owning a chainsaw opens up many avenues of working in the tree surgery arena, there are many other things to bear in mind. Firstly, one must never forget that a chainsaw can cut trees very well, and so can be potentially dangerous if proper safety measures are not taken.
While felling a tree, you must first check the condition and maintenance of the chainsaw. The chain needs to be adjusted to be tight enough, the air filters need to be cleaned. You also must check if the saw is sharp enough.
Each time you use a chainsaw, no matter how good you are, never miss any of the following precautionary measures.
- Always keep your head protected, you could use a hard hat or even a helmet
- The eyes must be covered with protective glasses and ears must be covered too.
- Always wear working gloves while using the chainsaw.
- Never ever wear slippers or slippery footwear. Ensure your shoes are well covered.
- Most of the chainsaw injuries happen on the thighs, and so always wear chaps while working.
- While carrying the chainsaw to the tree and back, take care to keep the chainsaw in ‘off’ mode.
- Even if you are a pro at using the chainsaw, never work alone, always have someone around who can help in case of an emergency
- Never work too closely with other people.
- You must always carry your mobile phone and emergency contact details along.
Take care of the direction in which the tree would fall after cutting, make sure there is no settlement or person in the vicinity.
While cutting a tree, always check the local authorities, land owner and other people concerned before you start cutting.